Thursday, May 15, 2008

LCDR Creates Comic Strip About A Navy SEAL


Hey eMOM members, military service members and troop supporters,

Tim Lockhart here, I was hoping to introduce you to my comic, Anchors Away!

Anchors Away!, which you can check out online at http://www.navycomic.com/, is a twice weekly (Monday and Friday) web comic about a US Navy SEAL; Petty Officer Second Class Sam Boyde, who is quite oblivious and ignorant, however, still performs his job capably.

The strip takes place mostly aboard the USS Kessler, a fictional aircraft carrier amd not only makes fun of Boyde and his pals, but will have you rolling on the deck laughing over some of the silliest things in the Navy.

I started this comic October 2007, releasing my first strip and launching the site on January 12, 2008. The comics have come a long way, and my drawing skills have been slowly improving which is becoming pretty noticeable.

Primarily, I created the comic for the sole enjoyment of enlisted sailors. Our sailors make up a huge portion of the navy, and without them, I couldn't do my job - I work with enlisted folks day to day!

However, the strip is equally funny for everyone and if I make fun of your duty in any comic, I try to make fun of everyone equally. We're laughing with you - not at you. At least your not a SEAL! But in reality, we know how important the SEALs are.

I hope you'll come over to our site, http://www.navycomic.com/, and check out the comics. If you have some free time, register and post a little on the forums, download some awesome wallpapers, send me some funny comic ideas, or enter any upcoming contests.

If you like the comic, you can purchase a T-Shirt or any of the other items from our CafePress store, all royalties made go to support the site.

You can also support the site by telling your friends, or writing my site on a post it and sticking it on the computer - anything to help spread the word and get others to come on over to see Anchors Away!

Just wanted to say a big "Thank You" to eMail Our Military and Trish, who I am so grateful to have helping me expand my viewerbase. Keep an eye on those eMail Our Military newsletters, because we'll have exclusive monthly comics there that you won't see anywhere else! (That's what exclusive means...)

I look forward to meeting some of you, and as an added incentive, anyone who finds out about this site from this article on the eMail Our Military Blog and wants to purchase a product from our cafepress store, or who donates any amount over $5 to the site, will receive a hand signed comic of your choice or a print of any character. I'll make it out to whoever you want, and as long as you have an address and I can send it to you in the Domestic United States; you get it absolutely free. I'll send as many of these out as I need to; but be sure to get your gear or donations in within a week if at all possible; if not, send me an email and I'll see what I can do.

Thanks again, and I look forward to seeing you soon. Feel free to email me with comic ideas, questions, thoughts, or anything else you may spontaneously want to speak to me about!

Regards,

LCDR Tim Lockhart
Anchors Away! Artist


[ Tags: Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , ]

2 comments:

eMOM said...

Tim was nice enough to blog about us too! We didn't even plan it that way but posted on the same day. Pretty cool.

Anonymous said...

No kidding. Odd coincidence lol.