UPDATE 1: You can grab our Valentine buttons, banners and badges here to use on your site.
Our Valentine's Day project for the troops in underway and we're gettng a great response to suppport our troops!
If you haven't heard the 7th Annual Valentine's from the Heart project is going to be a little different this year. This year, instead of having you send eMOM your Valentine's Day cards to have us ship them in bulk to the troops, we're encouraging everyone to follow the new project guidelines and help us extend our circle of support.
Valentine's from the Heart Directions:
- Read the "Welcome eMail" you'll receive
- Adopt a Military Service Member to correspond with.
- Send your Military Service Member a Valentine's Day card and/or eMail of support.
- Encourage a friend, family member or Military Service Member to register too.
- Leave a comment so we know you'll be participating.
- Spread the word. Share this post.
Easy right? That's all we ask. Of course, once you've adopted your Military Service Member you can write or eMail them anytime. They'll appreciate the support and you'll be doing something nice for someone else.
Valentine's from the Heart - Just for Kids
Adults can adopt a Military Service Member following the directions above so that kids can make their own Valentine's Day cards for our troops! Kids have the greatest and most creative ideas. Try stamping or using scrapbooking items to create fantastic unique cards home made by you. Another idea is to buy kid's packs of Valentine cards and let them fill them out. Get your children's classrooms or schools involved. This is a great class project and the student drawings and cards can be shipped to the Military Service Member you adopt for distribution to his/her troops.
Directions for Kids:
Parents, teachers, etc. in addition to the directions for adults above, you can help guide children with the simple directions below.
- Address our troops generically as "Dear Heroes" or "Dear Troops".
- Place all your Valentine's Day cards in a larger envelope or package.
- Include your contact info on your cards if you wish to receive a reply.
- Include "eMail Our Military" on all your cards or drawings. (Adults can print labels to help)
That's it! Naturally, we encourage you to get your schools and local kid friendly organizations involved as well (Like church youth groups, girl scouts, boy scouts, etc.).
We always have fun things going on here for our military community so be sure to subscribe to our blog so you won't miss them!
* Would you like to correspond with a military service member year-round? Register with eMail Our Military (eMOM) today! *
[ Tags: eMOM, eMailOurMilitary, Military Support, Troop Support, Supporting Our Troops, Messages of Support, Moral Support, Valentine's Day Cards for our Military, Valentine's Day Cards for Troops, Valentine's Day Projects for Troops, Valentine's Day Projects Supporting our Military, Valentine's Day Projects Supporting our Troops, Military Valentine's Day Projects, Valentine's from the Heart, eMOM's Valentine's from the Heart, eMailOurMilitary's Valentine's from the Heart, Troop Support Projects, @eMOMS, @MailOurMilitary, Patriotism, Any Service Member Mail, eMail Our Military Blog, Honor Duty eMail ]
If you're reading this via email or in your feedreader, be sure to stop by and tell us your thoughts.