Friday, July 18, 2008

Thanks from SPC William Duety

As we receive correspondence, both emailed and written, from our military service members we'll post them here for your reading pleasure and enjoyment. We appreciate all the support you send to our service members and they do too without a doubt! Keep up the good work.

Thanks for the letter. I needed that though I am not yet deployed and am not sure when we will be. I am in the Indiana National Guard and have been in for 11 years and have 9 to go before I can retire which will break my heart. I love being in the service because I know that if something happened I would be able to defend this great country and my family will be safe including all the people in it even though I don’t know most of them. I really love the fact that there are people who are willing to help us when we are doing what we love to do.

When I was stationed in Korea I wasn’t getting much mail. I did get a letter from a kid who was in kindergarten and he said thanks and it really made me feel like I was doing something for the good of this great country. I am going to close this letter with a big thank you. So, thank you and God bless you!!!

SPC William Duety
US ARMY

[ Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ]

No comments: