Friday, August 15, 2008

eMail Our Military Welcomes Tammy Munson to the eMOM Team

eMail Our Military (eMOM) chose two great interns for our Public Relations / New Media intern positions. You met the first, Dave Huston, and today we'd like to take the time to introduce you to the second

Please welcome Tammy Munson to the eMOM team. Tammy is a military wife and really knows her way around new media. We are confident that Tammy will be an invaluable asset to the eMOM team and we can't wait for you to get to know her a little better.

Please take a moment to read our interview with Tammy and give her a warm welcome to eMail Our Military.


eMOM:
Can you tell us a little about yourself and what experience you bring to the Public Relations / New Media intern position?

Tammy: I’m a work at home mom to 2 daughters, Kiersten (10) and Rebecca (6). I’ve been married to my husband Dan for 10 years. I’ve worked in various positions that all revolved around marketing, advertising and promotions. Currently I’m a virtual assistant, mostly working with social media (blogging, podcasting, audio/video) as well as serving as the Military District of Washington DC installation ambassador for Military.com.


eMOM:
Do you have any ties to the military?

Tammy: I come from a big military family where my grandfather and father both were in the Army. Currently my husband (SGT Munson, US Army), husband’s brother and sister in law, and many friends are serving in the Military.


eMOM:
What social networks are you on and how can people find you to connect with you?

Tammy: I’m on most of the social network sites but the ones I mostly frequent are Twitter, Facebook, Myspace and LinkedIn.


eMOM:
Are you a podcaster or blogger and if so, where can people read more about what you’re up to?

Tammy: I’ve been blogging since 2004 and a podcaster since 2005. I have several of my own blogs (My main one is http://www.armyhousehold6.com/) as well I write for other blog sites like TypeAMom.com where I’m the Geek Mommy Editor. I write about all things “techie”! As far as podcasting goes, I’m currently one of the co-hosts for PodTalk Divas (http://www.podtalkdivas.com/) as well as host for the mini-podcast, Flash Cast at Business & Learning dot come (www.businessandlearning.com/blog)


eMOM:
What area of the country are you in?

Tammy: We live in Alexandria, VA (about 20 minutes outside of Washington DC)


eMOM:
What motivated you to sign up for the Public Relations / New Media intern position?

Tammy: I wanted to learn more about public relations as well as enhance my skills in new media and social networking. I’ve been following Trish on Twitter as @MailOurMilitary for some time and though it was a great service and site. I also have a very big place in my heart for all military, especially now as the wife of an active duty solider.


eMOM:
What would you like to learn during your time at eMail Our Military?

Tammy: I certainly want to enhance my skills by learning about new technologies in New Media and gather a great deal of knowledge in the area of Public Relations. I know this intern position with eMail Our Military will continue to grow my skills and expertise in New Media/Public Relations.


eMOM:
Are there any areas of Public Relations and Social/New Media that you’re especially interested in?

Tammy: I think it would be really exciting to work with professionals in radio and television as well as celebrities. That's an area I haven’t really explored and I would absolutely love it!


Thanks Tammy for taking some time with us today. Welcome onboard and thanks for all you do for our military.

We'd love to read your comments welcoming Tammy to the team!


[ Tags
: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ]

1 comment:

Tammy Munson said...

Thanks for the welcome! I"m so excited to be part of eMoM!! : )